All materials on the website are for informational purposes only. Before use, consultation with a specialist is necessary.

The benefits and harms of Passion fruit

Passion fruit is a tropical plant of the family Strastotsveta. The fruit of this tree is called the same as the plant itself. The plant lives about 5-7 years, and during flowering encircles everything that is nearby. Therefore, it is referred to the genus of lianas.

Its home is the wild regions of South America with a subtropical climate. Today, passionflower (another name for passion fruit) is grown in many American, Australian, African countries, and also in New Zealand and Hawaii.

At the moment, there were more than 400 varieties of this plant. They differ from each other in color, shape, taste. In addition, some varieties are simply inedible.

Properties of passion fruit

This beautiful vine, like a grape, when it blooms, gives tasty fruits. This oval fruit size of a lemon, has a smooth surface and weigh on average 40 grams.

Among several hundred varieties, the main are only two. They are cultivated in many countries. This sort of yellow and purple fruits. The first variety produces larger fruits, and they can grow to large sizes, much like a grapefruit. And second grade, though has a little fruit but more sweet and flavorful. The fruits inside the bags, which is fleshy juice and has a lot of seeds, but seedless.

The calorie content of these fruits is so high — approximately 68 kcal.

The benefits of passion fruit

Chemical composition of fruits of passion fruit is quite rich. Almost 80% of them consist of water, the remaining 20% are proteins, fats, carbohydrates and fiber. Fruits contain many vitamins. The leader among them is ascorbic acid, and vitamin PP. In addition to them, these fruits are other not less useful vitamins (A, E, H, K and some b vitamins).

It is also important that the fruits of the passion fruit quite a lot of minerals. Fruits contain sufficient amount of potassium, which positively affects the activity of the cardiovascular system. Often nutritionists recommend eating the fruit of the passion fruit to those patients who have liver disease, urinary system and cardiovascular system. They also have chlorine, calcium, magnesium, sodium, sulfur and phosphorus. They are also very important for the normal functioning of the body.

In these fruits there is iron and zinc, also there are copper, iodine, fluorine, manganese and other trace elements, but in small quantities.

Because of the low calorie fruits you can eat and those who follow a diet aimed at weight loss.

Useful properties of these fruits is the fact that they possess some useful properties. It is a mild laxative, antipyretic and antibacterial. In addition, they can have a beneficial impact on the digestive tract, helps lower cholesterol levels, help rid the body of harmful substances such as metabolic products.

High fiber content not only helps to remove excess cholesterol, but also protects the mucosa of the large intestine. And due to the high content of vitamin C, this fruit is especially useful in the cold season, when the immune system is weakened and susceptible to diseases such as the flu. Flavonoids and vitamin a help preserve vision and ensure proper functioning of the mucous membranes and skin.

From the fruit of Passiflora has useful properties, and the juice helps to relax, relieves fatigue and improves sleep. Not so long ago it was revealed that this juice even suppresses the development of cancer cells. A sufficient amount of protein can be found in the seeds of the fruit.

The use of passion fruit

Depending on the country, method of its use may be quite different. We have also decided to have fruit passion fruit fresh, so to say, raw. To do this, they just cut it in half and eat the pulp with a spoon. From the pulp can be cooked mousse or juice.

There is passion fruit oil that has many useful properties. For example, it can stimulate the circulation in the area where it was applied; to restore the lipid layer and make the skin supple; calm irritation and inflammation on the skin. That is why the passion fruit oil is used solely for cosmetic purposes if:

creating creams for eczema, psoriasis and peeling;
create a massage oil;
create a moisturizing and healing creams;
the creation of funds for the care of dry, problem or oily skin;
the creation of gels;
creating the oils against the split ends of hair;
the creation of different shampoos and conditioners;
creating the means to care for skin after tanning.
This oil when applied it leaves a film, not allowing the moisture to evaporate and at the same time allowing the skin to breathe.

The dangers of passion fruit

People who are prone to allergic reactions, to use this fruit is should be cautious, especially the first time.